Thursday, November 3, 2011

'Tis the Season to be Sickly

So here we go again, it is that time of year for baking, cooking, shopping, decorating...and wiping snotty noses.  I feel like at least one of the kids is coughing or sneezing on a daily basis.  So how do I prevent this? I would love any suggestions that people may have.

So far, I have used the following methods to prevent or reduce sickness in my house/the daycare:
  • Wash my hands until they are raw (Seriously! They are cracking and bleeding and wrinkled like I am 80 years old.)
  • Wash everything not nailed down in bleach/water...especially toys that kids love to chew on like little rabbits
  • Crack windows even when it is below 40 degrees out in the morning and the heat is on and I am fully aware of the fact that I am basically letting dollar bills float out of the windows
  • Give my 2 older children their vitamins on a daily basis (that they wash down with a few pieces of Halloween candy and chocolate milk)
  • Get flu shots for the kids (I need to get one but I swear my arm was sore for a month last year after that damn shot)
Even after all of these methods, someone is still catching some kind of cold.  I know it is the time of year and there is not much I can do, but it is just plain ANNOYING!
So please, if you have any suggestions, feel free to share.  What I would not like people to share are their nasty germs.  Yes, lady that was at Super G the other day barking like a seal with your nasty cough, I am talking to you! Please stay home if you sound that horrible.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.