Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Facebook Can Be Annoying

What I should say is "why some people on facebook are annoying"...and this could include myself.  I am just saying that I find certain things super irritating about facebook and I mentioned it in my post about being honest in 2012.  I think that in general it is a great tool to keep in touch with friends, family, random people you have not seen in the flesh in 2 decades, your friend's neighbor's cousin's wife, whoever you want. 

BUT there are some things that get under my skin...

When people don't have a profile picture
It is so creepy to see only that generic shadow of a face as someone's profile picture.  It is not that hard to get a real picture up on there...and if you can't muster up the strength or are not "tech savvy" enough to do it, then you should not be on facebook.  Hey, it's fine if you find a picture from 1995 when you had better skin and were 40 pounds lighter, or one of your pet, or one of your kid(s).  Go for it.  Just don't look like a shady stalker with that random one you get assigned when you fail to upload a picture.

When people share way too much information
I truly believe that people should keep their drama to themselves or maybe just share it with close friends and family.  You do not, I repeat, do NOT need to share it with 400 of your not so closest friends on a social media networking site.  We do not need to hear about your low life ex, your financial woes, or your disgusting medical issues.  Thanks.

Vague status updates that leave everyone hanging
"Ughhh so worried!"  "Keeping my fingers crossed..."  "I can't believe this is happening."
Seriously people, put out or shut up.  Give us the info or don't post anything at all.  And don't act like you did it innocently when you really just posted it to get a response out of people. 

Debbie Downers
It's fine if you have a rough day and you vent a little...but when it is constant, everyday, all the time complaining, it is just enough.  It is draining to read those posts...so if you are living it, then I am sure it is rough.  Please get some help.  Facebook is not therapy.

Miss Suzy Sunshine
On the other hand, there are those people that are always happy about every little aspect in life...the weather, their great job, their fabulous hubby, the kids that they just LOVE SO MUCH (I think it is safe to assume that you love your kids, you don't really have to post it on a daily basis for it to be true).  Sometimes you can be up and sometimes down, I just don't think it is normal to always be one or the other.

Play by Play Commentators
I am so happy that you had a great lunch with friends, then an awesome workout at the gym, followed by picking the kids up at school, homework, a delicious home cooked meal by you (and I am sure you will share the contents of the entire meal with us because you are supermom) and then you are snuggled up with a book by the fire while your angelic kiddies are sleeping.  We don't need to know every aspect of your life everyday.  Give it a rest.  Plus, you make me feel like a failure who gets nothing accomplished...

OMG, this is so fun, but I am taking time away from this awesomeness to share the news with my facebook friends
I am absolutely dumbfounded by the people that are out at a party, a bar, or wherever fabulous it is that they go and they are posting about how much fun they are having.  If it is so fun, then you probably would not be thinking about getting on facebook to tell everyone else who isn't there how wonderful it is.  I know when I am out somewhere (rare as it may be), the last thing I think about is posting about it on facebook.  Why? Because I really am actually having fun and I don't give a crap about facebook.

Is there anything about facebook or any other social media networking site that you find utterly annoying???  PLEASE SHARE!

4 comments:

  1. found your blog via People I Want to Punch in the Throat. Loved this post - couldn't agree more!
    http://storytobecontinued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love it! I found you thru People I'd like to Punch in the Throat! I have a similar blog and have as yet not posted my FB annoyances, but they are so similar at you cracked me up!
    Myinsanelifex3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! So glad you found me:) I LOVE People I Want to Punch in the Throat. Hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you at PIWTPITT too. You hit the nail right on the head with this! Please check me out as well http://heather-becausenobodylikesmondays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.