Friday, February 10, 2012

You have to laugh, or you would cry.

One of my most favorite bloggers, Jen from People I Want to Punch in the Throat, wrote a great post about things that you could do BEFORE you had children.  It even got published by the Huffington Post!  You can check it out here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jen-ml/before-kids-list_b_1239222.html?ref=parents

It is meant to be funny, tongue in cheek, and not to be taken so seriously.  Just a hilarious post about things most parents SHOULD be able to relate to.  So you can imagine how shocked I was when she started getting slammed by some asses having a field day in the comment section.  The crap they were saying was off the charts ridiculous.  Things like she shouldn't have had kids in the first place and that they had never experienced most of the things that she mentioned while parenting.  And my response to that is "BULLCRAP!"

I will the first to admit that almost all 26 things on her list pertain to me.

Some of them include me dyeing my own hair.  It has been over a year since I got my hair cut.  First, I have naturally VERY curly hair and I want it to grow so the only way is to not get it cut.  Secondly, I don't have the time or money to go to the salon and drop $150 on a new do.  One day, I hope and pray I will do this again.  And I am confident I will...maybe even this spring.  But for now, I think I will survive.

We also rarely can do anything spontaneous.  Everything must be planned or scheduled ahead of time.  Even a run to Target includes a bag with wipes, diapers, a change of clothes, a portable potty seat, and 2 sippy cups.

I can't go to the bathroom alone or take a shower without someone knocking on the door. 

I don't get to read much.  I have 2 magazine subscriptions and I am about 4 months behind.  I usually just throw them out before I read them because they are so outdated.  I have to choose my free time wisely and reading a magazine is not on the top of my list.

I don't watch R rated movies much anymore either.  I don't think they show them on Nick Jr or the Disney channel.

I very rarely sleep in these days.

If you read her post, you get the idea by now.  Much of what she said is TRUE.  It is just the reality of having children.  And it doesn't mean that she, or any of us that agree with her, love our children any less.  I can assure you that I love my children more than any other thing in this whole world.

To sum up my thoughts,  the crazy people commenting on her article either live in some dream world where they can sit around eating caviar and sipping wine while their children read War and Peace quietly in their bedroom or they are too scared to admit that being a parent is some hard work that requires sacrifices.

My hope for them is that they immediately contact their doctor to remove whatever crawled up their asses and died.  And that they learn to laugh a little...it's better than crying (which they probably do while secretly medicating themselves with booze and pills).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.